A tyre repair should be done as quickly as possible by a tyre specialist, to avoid structural damage. Only get a tyre repair done by a trusted expert who takes full responsibility for the checks and work that is performed on the tyre.
When should your tyre be repaired?
First of all, all drivers should check their tyres every day for any visible damage.
Damage to your tyre is not always obvious. Quite often motorists are driving with a damaged tyre not even knowing what happened. Only when the tyre gets flat, they will realise.
A sharp object (nail, screw, glass, etc.) can damage the steel belt. When moisture enters this belt, it starts to oxidise. After some time, the adhesion through this oxidation with the rubber mixture will greatly reduce what ultimately may result in separation of the tread. A tyre does not always have to be replaced. When a leak is detected on time, a tyre can in many cases be repaired.
Always have this done by a specialist!
How is a tyre repaired?
The tyre needs to be taken off the rim first. Only then it can be adequately assessed whether the tyre has sustained any further damage during the puncture. Only then a tyre can be repaired with peace of mind. Your safety is the Top Priority!
Our Tuna Garage specialists assess whether repair of your tyre is possible.
• We only repair punctures in the centre of the tyre tread. We do not carry our repairs in the sidewall area as this is not safe.
• A car tyre may only be repaired three times max.
The distance between 2 damaged surfaces must be at least 40 mm
• Unfortunately, Run-flat tyres cannot be repaired after damage.
Have your tyre repaired at Tuna Garage - fast, safe, reliable service at fair prices?
What to do when a tyre gets damage?
If there is a nail etc. still stuck in the tyre, do not pull it out!
You could damage the tyre even more.
If possible, come to our Tuna Garage straight away.
Tips for replacing a flat tyre.
If you have a membership with the AA, RAC or another automobile club, call them immediately even if there is still air in the tyre. Don't risk anything!
If you don't have a membership, you should...
• Always take a pair of gloves with you.
• Make sure there is always a garbage bag in your trunk. Here the flat tyre can then be put in. This is especially useful when it is muddy.
• Do not attempt to drive the tyre without air.
• This will not only damage the tyre even more. It will also damage the wheel and possibly other parts of the vehicle as well.
• Turn on the hazard lights and put the car in gear and on the parking brake.
• Place a warning triangle about 30 meters behind the car and preferably wear a Profile safety vest.
• If the road surface is too soft, the jack can sink into it. So make sure you have a small board in the car.
• You can now start changing the flat tyre with the spare tyre.
• Make sure; you tighten the wheel nuts properly. If you do not tighten them correctly, you run the risk of bending your brake discs and damaging your suspension system.
• To tighten the wheel nuts evenly and correctly, we recommend using a dynamometric wrench. With this key, you can dose the force when tightening.
• If you do not have such a key, come to us as soon as possible to have your wheel checked.
• After changing you should not drive too fast. It is possible that the tyre pressure is not correct and you run the risk of not having full control over your car.
• Then come to your Tuna Garage with the flat tyre, and we will inspect/repair the tyre plus sort everything else out for you.
A puncture repair is not a big job - so please don't worry - we won't charge you a fortune. With our repair service, you will save a lot of money compared to what you'd spend on a new tyre.
You don't need to book an appointment for the tyre repair - just come to our workshop when you need us.
Tyre repairs - Keyworth - Tuna Garage