MOT Keyworth, Nottingham
Class 4 MOT in Keyworth with Tuna Garage
Tuna Garage are your local MOT Test Centre for Keyworth, Nottingham. Book your MOT test now. Call us today on 0115 937 7067.
We are an authorised MOT Testing Centre regulated and licensed by the Department of Transport and DVSA (our Station no is V106115).
If your vehicle is over 3 years old you are required by law to have an annual safety check, this is called a MOT. The purpose of this test is to ensure the car meets the minimum safety level standards. It is always worth carrying out a few simple Pre MOT Checks to avoid failing for easily fixable reasons.
An MOT Test covers amongst other items:
- Lighting and Signalling Equipment
- Steering (including suspension)
- Tyres and Road Wheels
- Seat Belts
- Exhaust, Fuel and Emissions
- Drivers View of the Road
There are some changes Coming to The MOT Test in May 2018, these include some additional items in the Test which include:-
- Additional braking device performance
- Daytime running lamps
- Front fog lamps
- Reversing lamps
- Noise suppression material
- Undertray security
- Emission control equipment
- Engine malfunction indicator lamp
- Diesel particulate filter (DPF) tampering
- Fluid leaks - engine, transmission and so on
There is also a New Look MOT Certificate which is shown on the right if you click this link.
Faults will now have the following designations:-
- Dangerous. This is a Fail as it has a direct and immediate risk to road safety or has a serious impact on the environment. THE VEHICLE MUST NOT BE DRIVEN UNTIL IT HAS BEEN REPAIRED.
- Major. This is a Fail as it may affect the vehicle’s safety, put other road users at risk or have an impact on the environment. REPAIR IT IMMEDIATELY.
- Minor. This is a Pass. It has no significant effect on the safety of the vehicle or impact on the environment. REPAIR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
- Advisory. This is a Pass, but it could become more serious in the future. MONITOR AND REPAIR IF NECESSARY.
For Other garage services Tuna provide click here.
For any advice or questions about the MOT please call us on 0115 937 7067.